Column Five is a creative agency that helps ambitious brands find and tell their best stories to drive real results.
We’re looking to hire a full time Motion Designer who is able to collaborate with art directors, designers, script writers and producers to execute beautiful motion work.
The Motion Designer will be a part of our Video Team at Column Five.
At Column Five, you’ll work with a vibrant team of people in a fast-paced environment built on collaboration, camaraderie, freedom, and flexibility. Each day you’ll find surprising challenges that stretch your skills and expand your creativity. As a distributed team, we value responsibility and autonomy, so we’ve designed our tools and processes to help you do your best work—the way you work best. Most importantly, you’ll get the chance to grow with talented people who make you feel loved, respected, and welcomed. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, we can make work a place of belonging and a source of fulfillment and joy—together. (Find out more about our core values.)
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR A MOTION DESIGNER
- Must have 1 - 2 years of agency and/or studio experience (freelance ok!)
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Proficient in at least one 3D software and workflow
- Software: Cinema 4D, Blender, etc.
- Workflow: Render engines (Redshift, Octane, etc), compositing, lighting, textures, etc.
- Up to date on current design and animation trends, plugins
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in storyboarding and a passion for storytelling
- Ability to bring strong ideas and concepts to the table
- Familiar with working on projects with all major content platforms
- Competitive salary
- Full health insurance with dependent stipends
- Profit Sharing
- Parental leave
- Trainings, education, and investment to support career growth
- FSA plan (medical and dependent care)
- Life insurance, long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Remote-first company, USA for full time roles
- Generous 401(k) savings plan
- A fun, engaged, and inclusive team
Compensation is dependent upon experience and skill level and is based on the market rates in Orange County, CA. The salary range for this position $75,000 - $105,000
We are a distributed- or remote-first company. This means that we are open to working with you if you live anywhere within the USA. If you desire to work in an office with other C5ers, we have an office in Newport Beach, CA.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a current resume, and a cover letter that includes why you are the right person for Column Five. Please include an online portfolio link and password (if you have one) in your cover letter.
No phone calls, please. Although we value the services recruitment agencies provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.
Column Five is an Equal Opportunity Employer focused on creating a workplace of belonging. We encourage applicants from all walks of life and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, and other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need reasonable accommodations for any part of the employment process, let us know.