Column Five is a B2B-focused creative agency that helps ambitious brands find and tell their best stories to drive real results.
We’re looking to hire a Marketing Manager who will be the driver of lead generation and brand marketing for the agency. Their main responsibility is attracting qualified new business leads through applying (and leading iterative improvements to our) brand and content strategies. Their secondary responsibility is to help us reach existing clients and contacts and grow engagements. In short, we need you to have an intimate understanding of our customer journey, identify effective ways to reach new and existing clients, and implement tactics to convert them.
At Column Five, you’ll work with a vibrant team of people in a fast-paced environment built on collaboration, camaraderie, freedom, and flexibility. Each day you’ll find surprising challenges that stretch your skills and expand your creativity. As a distributed team, we value responsibility and autonomy, so we’ve designed our tools and processes to help you do your best work—the way you work best. Most importantly, you’ll get the chance to grow with talented people who make you feel loved, respected, and welcomed. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, we can make work a place of belonging and a source of fulfillment and joy—together. (Find out more about our core values.)
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Manage ongoing adjustments to brand and content strategy (when needed), collaborate with team members to define team goals, and communicate how they align to C5's business strategy.
- Collaborate with the Director of Content to craft and implement Column Five’s content strategy (ideation, creative content, and distribution), identify creative opportunities, and generate ideas to achieve marketing goals.
- Collaborate with New business team members to track, analyze and report on monthly and quarterly Sales and Marketing KPI Analytics (including keyword strategy) to connect the dots, understand what’s working, and identify opportunities to improve.
- Manage various marketing projects and initiatives, create process documentation, and maintain organization systems for documents, timelines, communication, and asset delivery/feedback.
- Manage budget, look for ways to improve/optimize production process, increase efficiency and quality, or improve in other ways (e.g., tools and technology).
- Run point on all c5 content marketing campaigns - guiding internal team members and freelancers to produce campaigns against said strategies
- Manage lead lifecycle, bridge sales and marketing to understand how we can better sell ourselves to both new and existing clients.
- Humility to listen, grow, and learn
- Experience crafting and implementing content strategy (including ideation and distribution across channels).
- Strong understanding of marketing best practices (e.g., customer journey, personas, tactics, etc.)
- Hubspot inbound certification required.
- Creative and experimental thinking, willingness to take measured risks, and ability to execute innovative ideas.
- Experience working on campaigns that include different types and formats of creative content, such as short and long form editorial to videos, webinars, podcasts, events and social
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Hypothesis-driven approach to growth and marketing, data-driven mindset, and an understanding of how to measure the performance of various types of content marketing programs.
- Excellent writing, copywriting, editing, and communication skills.
- Curiosity about the work, the market, and how to make everything 10% better
- Competitive salary
- Full health insurance
- Parental leave
- Trainings, education, and investment to support career growth
- FSA plan (medical and dependent care)
- Life insurance, long-term disability insurance
- Remote-first company, work from anywhere mindset + autonomy
- Generous 401(k) savings plan
- A fun, engaged, and inclusive team
Compensation is dependent upon experience. We do not pay based on the location of the employee, rather based on the market rates in Orange County, CA.
We are a distributed- or remote-first company. This means that we are open to working with you if you live anywhere within the USA. We have our headquarters and an office in Orange County, CA.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a current resume, and a cover letter that includes why you are the right person for Column Five.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Column Five is an Equal Opportunity Employer focused on creating a workplace of belonging. We encourage applicants from all walks of life and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, and other applicable legally protected characteristics.